Sunday, September 6, 2009

What a Week!

Heyo!

This has been a CRAZY week! I started at Draper Elementary with my little class of 3rd graders. I was completely overwhelmed the first day with all the teacher asked me to do. The second day I felt I was the worst teacher in the world. Wednesday was much better. I really don't think Thursday even happened. Friday was just fine, Saturday was the BYU game (GO COUGARS!) and then today---blessed Sunday!

My schedule is absolutely crazy

M
8:15-3:50--student teaching
7:00-9:00--FHE

T
8:15-3:50--student teaching
4:00-9:45--work

M
8:15-3:50--student teaching
7:00-9:00--Institute

Th
8:15-3:50--student teaching
4:00-9:45--work

F
8:15-3:50--student teaching
4:00-9:45--work

S
work at some point

S
11--ward council on 2nd and 4th
12:15--choir (I'm the new pianist...and play the organ for about 10 minutes of prelude)
1:00-4:00--church
linger longer
sometimes a fireside
7:00-8:00--temple singing

So I am excited to start having fun on Dec 10! My last day of school! haha

My 3rd graders are super cute. I'll have to share stories on here. One kid compared the scent of hand sanitizer to his dad's beer. That went over well, lol. Almost every kid whipped their heads towards him wide-eyed and slack-jawed and said, "Your dad drinks beer!?"

Another kid asked me to punch his mouth to get rid of a loose tooth--that makes two now.

The same kid was sad when he found out I'd only be there 2 months (awwww)

One of the groups of kids named their team the Cougars!


From http://thernelson.blogspot.com/

On to the temple dedication! I was going to post my notes that I took, but I was informed about this letter by a friend and my dad:

First Presidency Letter, May 2004:

Any notes made when General Authorities, Area Authority Seventies, or other general Church officers speak at regional and stake conferences or other meetings should not be distributed without the consent of the speaker. Personal notes are for individual use only.

So....I'll just leave it at this--I love the opportunity I had to hear some of the brethren and sisters that lead our church speak at the dedication of this temple. I can hardly wait for general conference! The temple really is an amazing thing and I am counting down the days until I can receive my own endowments in the House of the Lord.

Until next time!

Whitney


No comments: