Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh How Funny Children Can Be

So, I found out that it is pretty much certain that I will be working with my little friend and his class second block. First block (starting Monday) I'll be in 1st or 2nd grade, so there will be lots of fun stories!

Yesterday, one of the boys in my class had a loose tooth. He said, and I quote, "Ms. Denton, will you punch me in the face?" I laughed and said that I would not. He added an incentive--"I'll pay you five dollars!" Kids are so funny!

Nathan very much looks forward to lunch. I had to come back around lunchtime to talk to the teacher, so I was able to chat with him a little. He made up a cheer--something very close to "Have no fear, lunch is here!" It had a little bit more, but I asked him if he had a dance to it. He got up and did the robot. I could not stop laughing. I asked him if he knew any line dances (my specialty) and he said he didn't know what that was, so I showed him.

Apparently the other kids listen while I'm talking to Nathan. They came up and asked me if I knew line dances and what a line dance was. I asked if they had seen the Hannah Montana movie and they admitted that they had (some more reluctantly than others...this one little tough boy denied it at first and after a teacher look from me he admitted he had seen it lol). I asked if they remembered the Hoedown Throwdown and demonstrated a little. They got pretty exctied that I knew it.

Further, when I related the story to their teacher, she got so excited that I could teach the Hoedown Throwdown for PE. Wow. What have I gotten myself into? I did let them know that I also know other line dances and some square dancing. But boy--I've gotta get the Hoedown Throwdown down! haha

Get ready for some exciting blog posts this semester!

Oh....and I finished my midterm, final assignment, and final for my last real class today :D

No comments: