Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Week of Adventure and Fun!

Man, life is so great, you know!?  It was such a busy week.  I feel like these last few/next few are more like my letters to the world again.  Oh well! Maybe if I have some deep thoughts about some random subject I can add them during the week.  So...on to the week!

Monday
We went hiking for Home Evening!  It was SO fun!  The initial hike was super steep, but it was a REAL hike ;D  No paved trail.  When we reached the "destination" there was a GORGEOUS waterfall.  We waded through the freezing water, sacrificing for a good picture :D
There were people scaling the rocks (look behind me), so I decided we should climb higher too!  We didn't climb by the waterfall, but climbed quite a ways up on some rocks.  Rock climbing is SO fun!  Who knew!?  And even more--who knew I could actually do it!?  There was a gorgeous view of the valley from the top.  This is a pic of me and the view and then some of my friends climbing back down.
That night, we watched Pirates 4 for my first time.

Tuesday
Institute forum taught by Mayor Applegarth.  'Twas good!

Wednesday
Our chuch's floor was just refinished, so they have to keep the doors open from 9am-9pm to air it out.  I was in charge of guarding it from 6pm-9pm.  I got to talk to tons of people from PA which was great!


Thursday
I was supposed to have Cinderella rehearsal, but it got canceled.  I ended up going to an acting workshop with my neighbors.  They had guests from Broadway who came to teach.  It was fun to watch!

Friday
I got to do nothing Friday night, which was pretty great!!

Saturday
FULL day!
6:30am--helping Hillary set up for a garage sale
9am--I though I was going to help clean the temple grounds, but I was off by a day, so I went to the South Jordan Country Fest Parade with Tawni, Brooke, Curtis, and Lucy.   Check out our awesome hats!
1pm Cinderella Pit Orchestra Rehearsal
3:30pm We got to go help at a soup kitchen downtown.  It was a neat opportunity
6:30pm  Luau!!  They roasted a PIG!  The meat was delicious!

 8:30pm  Pool Party--Our pool was opened this week!!  Yay!!
10pm Movie at Michelle's.  I got to watch Ocean's 11 for the first time--love it!

Sunday
My cousin TJ received the Melchizedek Priesthood, so we headed up to Oakley.  I got to go for another ride with my Uncle up the canyon.  So gorgeous!




It's another great week ahead!  Roomie reunion (with MEGHANN!!), Cody gets home, and the Summit!!

Whit

No comments: