Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Split Second

Well..I guess I failed on the weekly posting thing.  Life's been good!  I love having all of my brothers home!  We had an EXCELLENT trip to Seattle.  Life's been fabulous!

I've been reading this incredible new book by Merilee Boyack--Standing Up in a Sit-Down World.  It's really been opening my eyes to what I can do in this world.  I have a whole list of notes I want to share, but they're downstairs, so I'll just do one for now!!  This is kind of a summary of what I read:

Think about how long it takes to smile at your cashier--a split-second--yet it brightens their day!  How long does it take to tell a friend/family member you're proud of them--a split-second--yet it brightens their day!  How long does it take to give your dog a good scratch between the ears--a few seconds--yet it brightens his day!  She challenged us to lift our right arms to the square and pledge to give away 5 split-seconds every day.  What a thought!  Brightening days 5 times a day!  And it's infectious!!  Pretty soon, we'll be addicted to it, spreading joy at the grocery store, at work, and on the freeway! 

Isn't that such a cool idea?!  It truly empowered me and helped me to see what I could do to improve the life of others in an incredibly simple way.  I challenge you all to do it!!!



Love ya!
Whit

No comments: