Friday, February 20, 2009

An attempt at blogging

For how much I love reading others' blogs, it amazes me how hard it is for ME to keep up with one. I can handle websites for other people (My brother's blog is http://elderdenton.blogspot.com), but one that involves me seems to be nearly impossible. I think a main reason is that I keep a really good journal. I feel that if I'm blogging on here, I'm wasting my time because it's already in my journal. Hmm....well I can add pictures on here. Maybe I'll print it off some day and put it in a binder to supplement my journal.

Let's see--what's going on in my life...
  • I'm almost 21 :)
  • I'm an elementary education major at BYU, but I don't want to be a teacher, which makes classes torture.
  • I live at home with my whole family
  • I have an awesome dog named Dakota
  • I work at Deseret Book (3.5 years now!) and am currently at the store in Sandy
  • I haven't been able to do much with music lately
  • My calling is Public Affairs co-chair. I've never had a non-music calling since Young Women, so it's really different, but I absolutely love it!
  • My best friend is getting married this summer! Woot!
  • My favorite cousin in the whole wide world is also getting married this year.
  • My brother just got his call 2 days ago to the Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

Well, I think that's about it for now! Oh...a book I recommend getting is We Believe. It is an encyclopedia of Mormon beliefs basically. Whereas Mormon Doctrine is all by Elder McConkie, this is a collection of quotes from the Prophets and scriptures on over 300 doctrines. For instance, under "Affliction" there are like 10 concept statements. With each concept statement, there are around 10-15 quotes. It is an INCREDIBLE reference. I've been reading it almost every night and it just blows me away. I want to give a talk, just so I can use it! lol.

Well, we'll see how this goes. Hopefully I can keep this site updated!

No comments: