Monday, February 23, 2009

Rockin' Ward Activities--Now with pictures!

So, can I just say how much I love ward stuff? I wish we had it every day, quite honestly! It's one of the few things that gets me off of facebook lol. So tonight we played missionary tag. For those of you not familiar with it, yet familiar with me, the only word you need to remember is tag!

When I heard that's what we were doing, I was SERIOUSLY tempted to leave. Yet I stayed. Last time I did this with a ward, some guy I was chasing thought it would be funny to make me chase him for like 2-3 full minutes! Not cool. You're supposed to switch it up throughout and give a poor girl a chance! The guys tonight were SO much better! They didn't worry about their pride getting hurt by being caught by a girl. I got to run, yet still have fun! Now THAT takes something special. lol. Anyway, kudos to the guys in my ward for running hard with each other and the really fast girls, but letting those of us who are more disabled in the running area still have fun.

This is how it works--if someone were to grab onto the arm of the kid in the bright blue shirt, I would have to run from the person who's it until I grab onto someone else's arm.

Here's a bigger picture. The tall blurry kid is being chased, I think. The two in the middle (gray/maroon jacket and white shirt) are doing a little dance around the room while waiting for someone to grab on.

We had root-bear floats after. That's Lori, me, and Tawni.

After the activity, some of the guys did hands-up stands-up.



I can not tell you how excited I am for next week--square dancing! It sounds hokey, but is some of the most fun I ever have!

Funny story from today--I got a call from a number I didn't recognize that I had missed twice before. It was some man named Paul who I had given my number to in a parking lot in exchange for candy. To clarify--he was doing a survey--but the candy was a reason I participated :D. Anyway, he was a really good sales person! I didn't fall for it (it was real estate...who wants to get invovled with that right now?) But he started by asking what I would do with $20,000/month. Anyway...it was an interesting conversation and reminded me to teach my children not to take candy from strangers!

No comments: