Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wow...

19-year-old Florida man was arrested on Saturday and charged with stealing a laptop from a patron at a Starbucks so that he could check his Facebook account.

According to police the Bradenton man had asked the patron if he could use the computer to check his account and after the patron refused the man grabbed the computer and ran. He was then tackled by two people in the parking lot who held him down until a mall security guard arrived.

Police have charged the man with felony robbery.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=77752&cat=14



The first time I saw this article, the title was "Current status: I'm being arrested." I realized that if I were arrested (by a misunderstanding of course :D) and I could update my Facebook from my phone like everyone else in the world (T-mobile won't let you) I would change it to say "Whitney Nicole Denton is chillin' in a cop car" or something like that. I really think that would be one of my first thoughts. That is really sad.

I wonder if I would ever be that desperate for Facebook. Sad that I even wonder. I know I wouldn't steal anyone's laptop, but I could see myself going on vacation and trying desperately to find an available computer. I haven't gone a day without it in probably months. I used to avoid it on Sundays, but now it is part of my calling (though I use it for more than that on Sundays). It is amazing how truly addicting Facebook can be. It's also amazing that blogger doesn't recognized it as a word...lol

No comments: